I have really been loving these workouts. They're simple and elegant, with only a limited number of skills or movements to focus on each day. The packed classes on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday are especially fun. However, my Monday and Friday classes have a lot of available space in them right now. In order to fill these classes, I'm booking consultations from 8-9am every day. Please let me know if you have a friend who might be interested in coming to 7am CrossFit and I will reach out to them to schedule a consult.
This week marked the beginning of an exciting experiment at CrossFit RHC. We've gone all the way back in time to February 10th, 2001 to see what CrossFit.com programming looked like when it first began. There is a wide variety in what passes for "CrossFit" programming these days, but it is my mission to give you old school CrossFit in a safe and carefully-instructed coaching environment.
A couple things to say about this week:
- 6am classes have been packed, but where are all the 7am people? Talk to your friends and let's bring those folks back so we can all have a fun class experience!
- The "heavy" days where we do a lot of strength are probably the most important. If you're coming in on your own outside of class time, try to follow along with these days.
- Workouts like "Cindy" and "Mary" will come up a lot because muscle endurance and strength relative to bodyweight are the foundation of the fitness you are building. Get good at push-ups, pull-ups, and squats.
- Pool workouts are always gonna be a surprise. If you want to swim, just bring your swimsuit every day. If you don't want to swim, don't worry, I'll give you a rowing workout as an alternative.
- I hope Friday was a strong enough dose for you to feel it all weekend, and I hope you guys had some great adventures over Labor Day!
This was the week I came back from Arizona, so a couple of days without an instructor. Sorry guys. But, we got back into towards the end of the week with some 5-rep maxes, a 2RM Snatch, pool workout, and Nancy!
I think I found my favorite Seahawks 12th man banner ever. This one is for Diane, who does math in her head to help her get through the workouts. Hahahah!
CrossFit RHC is a small group personal training class that optimizes fitness by using varied functional movements performed at high intensity. Using a combination of barbell training, bodyweight gymnastics, and cardio, CrossFit prepares you for any physical contingency known and unknown.
Riverside Health Club
2225 Riverside Drive
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Click here for Crossfit Schedule. Select "X Studio" under the "All Studios" drop down menu.
CrossFit RHC classes are available to Riverside Health Club members. These classes are sold as monthly packages.
Sign up at Customer Service or by calling 360-424-4200.
Monthly Billing Available
Our CrossFit instructors can conduct personal training in the X-Studio just like any of our other Personal Trainers, but they are qualified specifically to help out with CrossFit skills, such as:
-Improving weightlifting technique (Clean, Jerk, Snatch, Squat, Deadlift, Press)
-Developing gymnastic progressions (such as muscle-ups & handstand push-ups)
-Improving WOD scores & times
Prices are the same as Personal Training, starting at $65/hr, with lower hourly prices when purchased in larger packages or as monthly recurring services, conveniently auto-billed to their club account.
Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.